To introduce the principles of 5S and to prepare for the implementation of
workplace management through 5S across the organisation.
This interactive 1-day course is designed to introduce the attendees to the
principles of 5S and application of 5S tools and techniques.
The attendees of this course will learn the benefits of work place
management and how to implement and sustain a 5S culture. The course
will cover the following:
- Understand the purpose and principles of 5S
- Understand the benefits and pitfalls of 5S
- Learn how to cope with resistance to 5S
- Learn how to engage the organisation in implementing 5S
- Learn how to apply 5S across the entire organisation
- Module Programme:
- The course will cover the following:
- The concept of 5S
- The benefits of 5S
- Resistance to 5S
- Step by step implementation of 5S
- How to sustain a 5S culture
The course will be a mixture of theory, demonstration of techniques and
practical exercises ensuring attendee participation. Some exercises require
access to the shop floor, offices, canteen and other areas that would be
subject to work place management in the future.
Leaders and managers at all levels with in the organisation and any selected
members of staff who will be driving and championing the introduction
and maintenance of 5S.
A separate course is available for operators.
If it takes too long to
find anything on the
shop floor or in the
offices and nobody
knows where things
are. If morale is low
and accident rates
are becoming too
high. If you are
running out of space
or wonder why you
are always out of
stock, stationery etc.
When you want your
workforce to take
pride in their