To show how adopting core Lean principles and practices can rapidly
help drive a company forward on the journey towards becoming World
This one-day course is designed to give attendees a robust introduction
to the principles and benefits of Lean Manufacturing in preparation for
further training and practical implementation of Lean.
The course attendees will, with the aid of practical examples, gain a useful
knowledge of the key principles and what it takes to implement them in a
live change programme. The course will outline the following:
- Understanding the competitive advantage
- Introduction to Lean thinking, its history, meaning and purpose
- The concept of waste elimination
- Value and value stream mapping
- Improving layout and flow
- Introduction to the visual workplace
- Sustaining a Lean environment – application of 5S.
The course will be a mixture of theory and practical exercises. The
attendees will be required to work in groups and make short presentations
to the whole group.
Managers and Team Leaders
Free telephone support is available for course attendees after the course.
If you struggle to get
your products out of
the door on time. If
your shop floor is
littered with work in
progress. If you want
to save money by
reducing waste, work
smarter – not harder
and get the most out
of your people and
Contact us for more information on WBS Group Training.